prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Monday, August 31, 2020

My report on the death of my Lung Cancer was premature.

 I wrote my previous blog based on my interpretation of what had happened to my body. I was wrong.The Lung Cancer had shrunk, not died.  I sincerely apologize for the error. I wish that I had been right. I thought that I had better check with Dr Edward Mannina, Radiation Oncologist.  We did not kill the Lung Cancer, we shrank it to a size that allowed me to breathe. To kill the cancer would take 6 or 7 weeks radiation treatments, plus chemo therapy, plus maybe surgery. Dr Mannina assured me that the cure would be much harder on me than the alternative. He advised me that I had less than a year to live and to enjoy it as much as I can.

I am going home any day now and the VA is scheduled to furnish me hospice care. I am looking forward to many months of happy memories.

I am so very sorry for this mixup!

1 comment:

!-- Site Meter -->