prune picker

This is the blog of a prune picker. (Native born Californian) Retired oilfield. I am an old man. I blog a lot about my body and getting old. As I approach death life gets more interesting. More interesting is not good. I still drive. I attend sports, music, and civic events. I am writing my memoirs. I attend swim class three times a week. Some of my blogs might be interesting. A lot of my blogs are silly and trivial. None are very long.

Monday, July 6, 2020

The end of the trail.

Eighty years ago. I was 15. I bought a car and started driving. No license!



That was the start of my driving. I have had a wonderful eighty years driving. I like to drive. After eighty years I have been grounded. Let me tell you how traumatic an experience it is to stop driving after 80 years. You feel like a prisoner. I can not tell you of the hours of anguish I spent over the end of my driving days. Sleepless nights! I can not hop in the car and go to Taco Bell, barbers, or anywhere,  on the spur of the moment. I do have drivers however. They are nice. Thank goodness. I ride a lot as a passenger. I enjoy being a passenger. I have had an offer for a chauffeur to California!

I will get used to this new life. It has advantages. I get to look around and see the country as we drive along. I get dropped off at the store door often. And picked up.


2 comments:

  1. 80 years of driving...wow.
    We really love these posts with glimpses of your very interesting life.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well... just wondering how you're adjusting to your new lifestyle? And new location?
    I'm sure you miss the koi pond and gazebo, but now you have a lake!!

    ReplyDelete

!-- Site Meter -->